[asterisk-users] Advice on best operator phone (with attendant console)

Faraz R. Khan faraz.khan at emergen.biz
Fri Apr 4 00:19:50 CDT 2008

One of our clients is using a Grandstream GXP2000 with an attendant
console. We have used the same phone with past clients successfully
however this particular operator processes around 200 calls a hours and
the GXP2000 for sure does not like the quick line shuffling and call
volume. We get the following problems randomly:

1. menu stops working
2. transfer key stops working
3. Line 1 LED gets stuck
4. Voice 'gaps' (blackouts) for 4-5 seconds
5. The phone also completely locks up regularly
6. ping response goes from 8ms to 3000ms (after which the phone locks
up)

Wondering which operator phone would work best. I have the following
choices:

1. Linksys SPA 932/962 with attendant console
2. Polycom 601/650 with attendant console

I cant confirm online whether the BLF functionality will work with
Asterisk 1.2.26. Is somebody using either of these phones in a high
volume environment successfully?

Thank you.

--
Faraz R Khan