[asterisk-users] BRI hardware supported by 1.6 libpri ?

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Thu Apr 3 01:21:50 CDT 2008

2008/4/2, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>:

> On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 11:17:05PM +0200, Olivier wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Has anyone information about BRI hardware supported by 1.6 libpri ?
> > In another thread, I was told a basic BRI card with HFC chipset (Bewan
> Gazel
> > 128) was supported but I would delighted to lear about other  harwarde
> (and
> > specifically about Digium B410P).
>

> The question should be: "which BRI devices are supported with Zaptel?"
>
> chan_zap of Asterisk 1.6 (with the help of improvements in libpri 1.6)
> supports a much larger subset of the ISDN features that are unique to
> BRI (and has generally better ISDN support.
>
> Even with the version in 1.2 / 1.4 it only took a trivial patch to
> chan_zap (the count of the channels) to get a very basic and limited
> support of ISDN/BRI - ISDN is, after all, ISDN.
>

> Anyway, HFC-S cards (many single-port PCI ISDN cards) are supported with
> either the module zaphfc in bristuff or vzaphfc which is not even in
> bristuff.
>
> The Junghanns Duo/Quad/Octo BRI cards and a number of compatible cards
> are supported in the qozap driver from bristuff.
>
> The the driver for BRI module from our (Xorcom) Astribank is included in
> the Zaptel tarball, but requires an extra small patch from bristuff
> applied to Zaptel to build.
>

> AFAIK there is no Zaptel driver for the Digium B410P BRI card.

Thank you very much for your detailed answer  : it clearly explains
something I read weeks ago and kept turning in my head since (as I didn't
dare to ask at the moment).

So basically, from now (1.6) on :
1. analog and BRI/PRI cards are supported through chan_zap (with the help of
libpri and zaptel),
2. any BRI/PRI card having a zaptel (1.6) compliant driver can be used by
Asterisk,
3. bristuff is mostly needed to provided some of these zaptel compliant
drivers (zaphfc and qozap) and is still needed to patch chan_zap for
Astribank.

I'll ask Digium about Zaptel driver for the Digium B410P BRI card (and
report back to list).

Thanks again.