[asterisk-users] BRI hardware supported by 1.6 libpri ?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Apr 2 16:53:19 CDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 11:17:05PM +0200, Olivier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone information about BRI hardware supported by 1.6 libpri ?
> In another thread, I was told a basic BRI card with HFC chipset (Bewan Gazel
> 128) was supported but I would delighted to lear about other  harwarde (and
> specifically about Digium B410P).

The question should be: "which BRI devices are supported with Zaptel?"

chan_zap of Asterisk 1.6 (with the help of improvements in libpri 1.6)
supports a much larger subset of the ISDN features that are unique to
BRI (and has generally better ISDN support.

Even with the version in 1.2 / 1.4 it only took a trivial patch to
chan_zap (the count of the channels) to get a very basic and limited
support of ISDN/BRI - ISDN is, after all, ISDN.

Anyway, HFC-S cards (many single-port PCI ISDN cards) are supported with
either the module zaphfc in bristuff or vzaphfc which is not even in
bristuff.

The Junghanns Duo/Quad/Octo BRI cards and a number of compatible cards
are supported in the qozap driver from bristuff.

The the driver for BRI module from our (Xorcom) Astribank is included in
the Zaptel tarball, but requires an extra small patch from bristuff
applied to Zaptel to build.

AFAIK there is no Zaptel driver for the Digium B410P BRI card.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com