[asterisk-users] problem with Kewlstart hangup detection

Matt Watson mwatson at becon.org
Wed Apr 2 19:10:42 CDT 2008

Hello all,

I;m having a (what seems to me) strange problem with some analog lines and hangup detection.

The site I;m working on has 10 analog lines, my understanding is these are broken up in 2 invidiaul hunt groups (no idea why, or if this is even true).

I;ve always been told that they are  yyy-xxx-7200 and yyy-xxx-2115 - no idea which other lines are part of which hunt group.

Anyways... I have these lines plugged into a Digium TDM800P and a TDM400P

I have all the lines set to kewlstart signalling in zaptel.conf and zapata.conf, the lines are all provided by MTS Allstream (in Canada).

It appears to me that the disconnect supervision on all of these lines *except* those 2 (7200 and 2115) send the disconnect notice very delayed.  Calling in from an outside line to 7200 or 2115, i hangup on the remote site, and Zaptel/Ast detects the hangup almost instantly (and having debug turned on on the wctdm & wctdm24xxp drivers shows the NO BATTERY / BATTERY messages almost instantly like it should).

However... on the remaining 8 lines, it takes approximently 10 seconds before i see the NO BATTERY / BATTERY message.  It would seem to me that for whatever reason this message is delayed on the telco side.

I;m not very familiar with hunt groups on analog lines... and I can;t really see how this is possible... but do I need to do some kind of special configuration on my end to make the non-pilot numbers of the hunt group get their disconnect notice quicker?  Is the telco at fault here?  Is there something I can ask them specifically that will make sense to one of their lower end CSRs?

Its really not a *huge* problem... except our receptionist is getting quite annoyed with several callers that hung up sometime during our IVR (her phone rings as the timeout off the IVR). Also people are getting VMs that aren;t really being left and stuff.

I first thought that perhaps for some reason we only had kewlstart on the 2 lines... but like I said... I do infact see the NO BATTERY /BATTERY on all lines... just on all of them but the 2 its very delayed.

Thanks,

--

Matt