[asterisk-users] TDM410E card, 1 FXO module - how to dial Out

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Apr 2 07:08:49 CDT 2008

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC wrote:

> P.S.  If you can't dial seven digit numbers in your area, but you miss
> it, you can restore that behavior if you feel like selecting a default
> area code:
>
> exten => _NXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/1/907${EXTEN},,TWK)
>
> Here, if I dial a seven digit number, asterisk dials 907 followed by my
> seven digits out the phone line.

Well, sort of. This will also trigger if you dial the first 7 digits of
a 10-digit number from a device that doesn't dial 'en bloc', since there
is no longer any way to distinguish 7-vs-10 digit numbers by the number
pattern. In other words, this will work fine if you are dialing from a
SIP phone, but not if you are dialing from an analog phone.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies