[asterisk-users] TDM410E card, 1 FXO module - how to dial Out

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Tue Apr 1 18:16:00 CDT 2008

Paul Whitby wrote:
> Hello
>
> Newbie question here: I have a box running Ubuntu Linux 7.10 "gutsy
> gibbon", and have a single Digium TDM410E card,  with 1 FXO module
> fitted and connected to my landline. I have it answering the landline,
> directing to SIP phones, diverting to voicemail etc - and it works
> great. What I can't work out is how to dial Out from this single card.
> It is possible? if so, is it possible to handle both Incoming and
> Outgoing calls, in the same configuration (obviously not at the same
> time)? Thanks for any assistance.

Add some lines to the context your phones are in:

exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/1/${EXTEN},,TWK)
exten => _0NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/1/${EXTEN},,TWK)
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/1/1${EXTEN},,TWK)
exten => _NXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/1/${EXTEN},,TWK)

The fourth one only applies if you can dial seven digit numbers in your
local area, it seems phone companies are requiring ten digit dialing
more and more.

Moj

P.S.  If you can't dial seven digit numbers in your area, but you miss
it, you can restore that behavior if you feel like selecting a default
area code:

exten => _NXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/1/907${EXTEN},,TWK)

Here, if I dial a seven digit number, asterisk dials 907 followed by my
seven digits out the phone line.

Moj