[asterisk-users] TDM410E card, 1 FXO module - how to dial Out

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Wed Apr 2 11:15:19 CDT 2008

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC wrote:
>

>> P.S.  If you can't dial seven digit numbers in your area, but you miss
>> it, you can restore that behavior if you feel like selecting a default
>> area code:
>>
>> exten => _NXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/1/907${EXTEN},,TWK)
>>
>> Here, if I dial a seven digit number, asterisk dials 907 followed by my
>> seven digits out the phone line.
>>

> Well, sort of. This will also trigger if you dial the first 7 digits of
> a 10-digit number from a device that doesn't dial 'en bloc', since there
> is no longer any way to distinguish 7-vs-10 digit numbers by the number
> pattern. In other words, this will work fine if you are dialing from a
> SIP phone, but not if you are dialing from an analog phone.

I know you're not the person I should be asking "Are you sure?"   but it
did seem like when I had an analog phone plugged into an FXS in a TDM
card that asterisk paused a bit to make sure I wasn't entering any more
digits, because I didn't use the wildcard '!' maybe?   Just getting
confused, I guess -- It must have been when my IAXy was installed!

Thanks for the correction :)