[asterisk-users] Digium B410P, bristuff and BRI support in 1.6

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Wed Apr 2 02:12:19 CDT 2008

2008/4/1, Jean-Denis Girard <jd.girard at sysnux.pf>:

> Hi,
>
> Olivier a écrit :
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is it possible to both use Digium B410P and bristuff'ed 1.4 Asterisk,
> now ?
> >
> > I've heard BRI support in Asterisk is about to change with 1.6 but I'm
> > not sure I understood what the plan is.
> > If someone has a clue, l would delighted to learn about it.
>

> You should have a look at this thread:
> http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2008-March/032142.html

That is the thread I was thinking about and that I'm not exactly sure to
understand.

I'm not sure about the B410, but my home asterisk system has been
> running fine for nearly a month with libpri-trunk, asterisk-1.6.0,
> zaptel-1.4 (patched) and zaphfc.

Would you mind if I asked you this :
- Which card did you include in your home system ? Are you using an ISDN BRI
access ?
- Is libpri necessary for ISDN BRI access ? I thought libpri was mostly
dedicated to E1/T1 access

Quoting previously mentioned thread :

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
>* Klaus Darilion wrote:
*>*
*>>* I just saw some SIG_BRI... definitions in chan_zap.c of 1.6. Ist it now
*>>* possible to use BRI cards without patching with bristuff?
*>*
*>* Not quite yet... but soon it should be possible, yes.
*>*
*
Actually...

It'll probably work.  I have tested making basic phone calls, etc over
it, although I'm still tweaking it and making sure that the Q.921 layer
is more likely to pass testing.  Of course, YMMV.  I certainly don't
mind testers though trying it out and reporting issues that they find
with it.  That would help me out a lot.  You'll have to update your
libpri to trunk for it to work though.  That's where all the BRI
development is happening.  And NT-PTMP is not going to work, only NT/TE
PTP and TE PTMP.

--
Matthew Fredrickson
Software/Firmware Engineer