[asterisk-users] does the meetme module still require an external timing source?

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Tue Apr 1 14:16:01 CDT 2008

On Tue, 1 Apr 2008, Mike Trest - Personal wrote:

> At 01:13 PM 4/1/2008, you wrote:
>> Is app_conference stable now?
>>
>> I've never made it through a thousand calls without a crash.  (With a
>> busy call center this doesn't take all that long.)
>
> I have deployed a MEETME conference bridge based on a FARM of
> asterisks  with 6,000 conference ports active using basic meetme()
> with a very complex IVR front end that we wrote in perl for the
> customer specific needs.  Still in use after 3+ years.   Hundreds of
> thousands of total participants and millions of minutes later, still
> running.  Very happy with results.

Very impressive and I'd love to know more about the architecture.

(I'm assuming this is the NASCAR project you refer to on your web site.)

) Can fans "jump" from car to car by entering the car number?

) Did you limit callers to "over 18" or did you have the ability to
"censor" a driver if needed?

) How did you distribute callers and audio between hosts?

) How many hosts and what kind of horsepower/hardware?

I think the OP was questioning the stability of app_conference, not
app_meetme.

Thanks in advance,