[asterisk-users] does the meetme module still require an external timing source?

Henry Cobb henry.cobb at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 08:33:11 CDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 11:03 AM, Mike Trest - Personal <Mike at trest.com> wrote:
> At 01:13 PM 4/1/2008, you wrote:
>  >Is app_conference stable now?
>  >
>  >I've never made it through a thousand calls without a crash.  (With a
>  >busy call center this doesn't take all that long.)
>
>  I have deployed a MEETME conference bridge based on a FARM of
>  asterisks  with 6,000 conference ports active using basic meetme()
>  with a very complex IVR front end that we wrote in perl for the
>  customer specific needs.  Still in use after 3+ years.   Hundreds of
>  thousands of total participants and millions of minutes later, still
>  running.  Very happy with results.

The only problems I have with MeetMe is that the monitoring controls
don't work very well, a single channel can derail a conference and tie
up the server, it eats CPU and adds latency.  (Oh yeah, and there is
that ZAP clone card timer chip requirement.)

Other than that it's okay.

I'd love to have a solid alternative in Asterisk, but I haven't see it yet.

-HJC