[asterisk-users] Queue serializes call delivery ?

Matthew J. Roth mroth at imminc.com
Wed Sep 19 16:45:10 CDT 2007

Atis Lezdins wrote:
> This is available starting from 1.4, see UPGRADE.txt:
>
> * ... The new behavior, enabled by setting autofill=yes in queues.conf
>   either at the [general] level to default for all queues or
>   to set on a per-queue level, makes sure that when the waiting
>   callers are connecting with available members in a parallel fashion
>   until there are no more available members or no more waiting callers,
>   whichever comes first. This is probably more along the lines of how
>   one would expect a queue should work and in most cases, you will want
>   to enable this new behavior ...
If you are still running 1.2, there is a patch available that backports
the autofill feature.  It is available at
<http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=9132> as the "autofill.1.2.new"
<http://bugs.digium.com/file_download.php?file_id=13602&type=bug>
attachment.

Note that the patch passed the functionality test, but wasn't applied to
the 1.2 branch because it was considered a new feature.  I reviewed it
thoroughly, comparing it to the current app_queue.c in the 1.4 branch,
and found no problems with it.  It is currently running in our
production inbound call center environment and has been stable against
150+ concurrent calls.

If you want a pure backport of the autofill feature, remove the code
that references the "dialing" variable because it isn't present in the
1.4 branch.  However, after reading the bug report comments I decided to
keep the "dialing" code, because it seemed like a safe change designed
to increase the efficiency of call distribution.

Matthew Roth
InterMedia Marketing Solutions
Software Engineer and Systems Developer