[asterisk-users] Queue serializes call delivery ?

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Wed Sep 19 05:22:27 CDT 2007

On Wednesday 19 September 2007 13:03:30 Carlos G Mendioroz wrote:
> This might be obvious, and well known, but...
>
> If I have 5 ready members and 5 calls in queue at once, Queue seems to
> deliver them one by one, blocking while waiting for each member to
> answer in turn.
>
> Is there anyway to speed this up (other than setting auto answer ?)
> I.e., I would like to have paralel calls to 5 members if I have 5 calls
> in queue...

This is available starting from 1.4, see UPGRADE.txt:

* The old/current behavior of app_queue has a serial type behavior
  in that the queue will make all waiting callers wait in the queue
  even if there is more than one available member ready to take
  calls until the head caller is connected with the member they
  were trying to get to. The next waiting caller in line then
  becomes the head caller, and they are then connected with the
  next available member and all available members and waiting callers
  waits while this happens. This cycle continues until there are
  no more available members or waiting callers, whichever comes first.
  The new behavior, enabled by setting autofill=yes in queues.conf
  either at the [general] level to default for all queues or
  to set on a per-queue level, makes sure that when the waiting
  callers are connecting with available members in a parallel fashion
  until there are no more available members or no more waiting callers,
  whichever comes first. This is probably more along the lines of how
  one would expect a queue should work and in most cases, you will want
  to enable this new behavior. If you do not specify or comment out this
  option, it will default to "no" to keep backward compatability with the old
  behavior.

Regards,
Atis

--