[asterisk-users] DECT SIP phones

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Sun Sep 16 22:54:31 CDT 2007

Michiel van Baak wrote:
> On 08:00, Fri 14 Sep 07, H?kan K?llberg wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 06:05:51PM -0600, Stephen Bosch wrote:
>>> I'm looking for a SIP DECT (cordless) phone for North American
>>> installations. I've heard only of the Siemens Gigaset S450/C450 phones.
>>> Apparently these aren't sold for use in NAm, even though they're
>>> supposed to be legal (in the United States, anyway).
>> Hello!
>>
>> I would reccomend the Kirk DECT gateway. It is SIP capable
>> and avilable for N America.
>>
>> We have a setup with the Skinny ( chan_sccp ) protocol and in Sweden,
>> but I wouldn't expect any problems in NA.
>>
>> Our customer have used it for a while now.
>
> We use a setup like that with chan_sccp on 1.2 on one
> customer location.
> I dont know if you have NEC-Philips there in NA but they
> have great dect/sip setups as well. we use them in a couple
> of installations in medical facilities (man down, assistant
> call, that kindda stuff)

We have Philips here, but the trouble with Philips and Siemens is that
the product lines between NA and Europe are usually quite different.

The European stuff complies with ISO standards and can be used legally
here most of the time, but buying it in Europe and then shipping and
using it here can be an issue if you run into problems.

Is the DECT stuff Philips branded or "NEC-Philips"?

-Stephen-