[asterisk-users] how to determine if a SIP extension has DNDonoroff

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Fri Sep 14 08:37:20 CDT 2007

To work around our inability to know in advance whether or not, an extension
is forwarded or DNDed, we disabled those features (using hardphone settings)
and provided a software replacement (which edit database from which Asterisk
check user preferences for every call).

This is completely "against" SIP spirit as intelligence is then mostly
concentrated in Asterisk but we couldn't find anything else.

I would be surprised to find anytime soon, a SIP phone, allowing DND or call
forwardings to be handled externally.
Maybe one day, a SIP method would easy administrators to query SIP phone
status.

Regards