[asterisk-users] how to determine if a SIP extension has DNDonoroff

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Fri Sep 14 08:15:34 CDT 2007

SIP response 486 is "Busy Here" according to RFC 3326.  Polycoms at
least (and I think Cisco phones) do not send back a different message
depending on if DND is enabled .vs. the line appearance simply being busy.

Personally I can't see how the people that designed SIP could justify
not being able to get the DND status or CFWD status of a SIP device.