[asterisk-users] how to determine if a SIP extension has DNDonoroff

Anthony Francis anthonyf at rockynet.com
Fri Sep 14 08:42:48 CDT 2007

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling wrote:
> SIP response 486 is "Busy Here" according to RFC 3326.  Polycoms at
> least (and I think Cisco phones) do not send back a different message
> depending on if DND is enabled .vs. the line appearance simply being busy.
>
> Personally I can't see how the people that designed SIP could justify
> not being able to get the DND status or CFWD status of a SIP device.
>

> Steve Langstaff wrote:
>
>> The OP was asking whether they could update Asterisk's DND status for
>> the extension to mirror a DND button on the (SIP) phone. I suggested
>> that they might act on the response code to an OPTIONS.
>>
>> I think that they *actually* want to do some queue management based on
>> the DND button of the (SIP) phone.

When a device is called and it is in CFWD mode it sends back a redirect
message (Moved Temporarily), Asterisk displays in the CLI " Recieved
"Moved Temporarily" trying XXXXXX thanks to XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX" or
something along those lines.

This helps you know what is in SIP messages:
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3263.txt

--
Thank you and have a wonderful day,

Anthony Francis