[asterisk-users] TE405P intermittent yellow alarm

Don Pobanz dpobanz at hastingsutilities.com
Thu Sep 13 09:34:03 CDT 2007

On Thursday, September 13, 2007 4:58 AM Richard van der Hoff said
> Thanks for your help, but again I'd like to ask: what does a yellow
> alarm actually mean? From the driver source code I can see it is set
> when the FRS0 register has bit 4 set - but that doesn't help a lot...

All of my experience has been with T1s, not E1s but I assume the alarms
mean the same even though they are transmitted differently.

Suppose that there are three pieces of equipment 'A', 'B', and 'C' and
the signal from 'A' to 'B' has been interrupted (designated by the 'X'
in the diagram) so that 'B' is not seeing an incoming signal. 'B' will
be in red alarm, and 'B' will transmit back to 'A' a yellow alarm
indicator. When 'A' see the yellow alarm indicator, 'A' will go into
yellow alarm.

Just to complete the picture, if 'B' is not the end point of the circuit
'B' will then send to 'C' a blue alarm indicator. As you can see, a
signal not making it between two pieces of equipment can cause 3 (or
more) alarms.

Yellow                   red                     blue
 alarm                   alarm                   alarm

I hope this helps.

Don Pobanz