[asterisk-users] TE405P intermittent yellow alarm

Richard van der Hoff richardv at mxtelecom.com
Thu Sep 13 04:58:11 CDT 2007

Steve Totaro wrote:
> Richard van der Hoff wrote:
 >> [intermittent yellow alarm]
>> At this point, I'd really like to know what a yellow alarm actually
>> means. I've read that it indicates that that the other end of the E1 is
>> in an alarm condition: however BT's terminating unit seems quite happy
>> with no alarm conditions at all.
>>
> Check your cabling.  Replace it with new stuff.  Re-punch everything.
>
> It is obviously somewhere in the line.  If the above does not fix it,
> maybe you can get a lucky and get a good tech out that will stick around
> to see the issue.

The only bit of cable I own here is the 2m length of cat-5 between the
te405P and BT's line terminating unit. And yes, I've replaced that about
5 times now...

Thanks for your help, but again I'd like to ask: what does a yellow
alarm actually mean? From the driver source code I can see it is set
when the FRS0 register has bit 4 set - but that doesn't help a lot...

Regards

Richard

--
Richard van der Hoff <richardv at mxtelecom.com>