[asterisk-users] Linux-HA and Asterisk

Mike Clark mike at infoanywhere.com
Tue Sep 11 09:32:14 CDT 2007

We have gotten stuck trying to get a highly available Asterisk cluster
fully functional. We used Linux-HA with Asterisk 1.4.11 on privtae IP's
behind the virtual public IP. I got as far as getting phones registered
and being able to place calls that rang and you could answer, but there
was no audio. So, I enabled RTP debugging and discovered Asterisk was
still attempting to send the audio packets to the phones private
address, even though the device was set up as NAT=yes. externip was set
to the virtual public IP.

Any thoughts on clearing the final hurdle? Also, we are using Polycom
phones.

Thanks,

Mike Clark