[asterisk-users] Linux-HA and Asterisk

Jeff Bachtel jeff at cepheid.org
Tue Sep 11 14:44:35 CDT 2007

On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 10:32:14AM -0400, Mike Clark wrote:
> We have gotten stuck trying to get a highly available Asterisk cluster
> fully functional. We used Linux-HA with Asterisk 1.4.11 on privtae IP's
> behind the virtual public IP. I got as far as getting phones registered
> and being able to place calls that rang and you could answer, but there
> was no audio. So, I enabled RTP debugging and discovered Asterisk was
> still attempting to send the audio packets to the phones private
> address, even though the device was set up as NAT=yes. externip was set
> to the virtual public IP.

Is that correct that Asterisk was sending to a RFC1918 address? From
your description of your setup, it seemed that the backend Asterisk
servers themselves had 1918 addresses, and your Polycoms would have
public addresses.

In that case, the Asterisk instances might be using their 1918
addresses in packets to the Polycoms. To correct that, the Asterisk
instances would need to use something like STUN or a preset public IP
address in its SIP configuration.

jeff

--
Jeff Bachtel  (root at VPR,TAMU)     http://www.cepheid.org/~jeff