[asterisk-users] Prevent multiple sip registrations

Rizwan Hisham rizwanhasham at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 06:53:13 CDT 2007

well he does not have access to hi sip settings, so he cant edit the
host=<differentIP> every time he moves or registers from anyother place.
Actually he should be able to register from anywhere in the world but once
he has registered with us, i dont want anyone else to register with my
asterisk using his credentials.

On 9/11/07, Atis <atis at best.eu.org> wrote:

> On 9/11/07, Rizwan Hisham <rizwanhasham at gmail.com> wrote:
> > We cant do that. Thats becoz the original user may change his/her
> location
> > which will result in change of ip address. We have to set host=dynamic
> for
> > allownig the original user to register from anywhere.
> > So any other ideas?
>
> So, if he can change IP, then he probably is changing? Why do you get
> multiple registrations? SIP secret should be known only for that user
> (or if he has HW device - just for device).
>
> Regards,
> Atis
>
> --
> Atis Lezdins,
> IT Responsible of BEST Riga,
> atis at BEST.eu.org
> ICQ: 142239285
> Skype: atis.lezdins
> Cell Phone: +371 28806004 [Tele2, Latvia]
> Work phone: +1 800 7502835 [Toll free, USA]
> ?BEST? -> www.BEST.eu.org

Best Regards
Rizwan Hisham
Software Engineer