[asterisk-users] Prevent multiple sip registrations

Atis atis at BEST.eu.org
Tue Sep 11 07:18:09 CDT 2007

On 9/11/07, Rizwan Hisham <rizwanhasham at gmail.com> wrote:
> well he does not have access to hi sip settings, so he cant edit the
> host=<differentIP> every time he moves or registers from anyother place.
> Actually he should be able to register from anywhere in the world but once
> he has registered with us, i dont want anyone else to register with my
> asterisk using his credentials.

So, why it is a problem to give really secure password?

Well, actually some idea popped out of my mind just now.. You can have
SIP users in realtime, and create DB trigger.. As soon as "ipaddr"
field is changed (SIP registration happened), "SET host=ipaddr". Maybe
you also want set back "host=dynamic" when regseconds (time before
re-registration) ends. Anyway - creating custom scenarios should be
possible.

Regards,
Atis

--