[asterisk-users] bridge on DIVA card and how to see it

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Thu Sep 6 06:35:03 CDT 2007

On Thu, 6 Sep 2007, lemmel lemmel wrote:
> In the capi.conf file, there is a bridge option that allow to "native
> bridging (CAPI line interconnect) if available", and I found this in the
> capi-user mailing list :
> --------------------------------
> I suggest you put bridge=yes into each interface.
> Then, when Asterisk bridges two channels, it looks for
> the possibility to do a native bridge (call the bridge code of
> the channel module). In case of SIP (when reinvite=yes is set), the
> SIP phones are set to send the voice data directly to the other phone
> and not bother Asterisk with that voice data.
> --------------------------------
>
> It is an interesting feature, and I put the right value in the conf file;
> but how to see the effect of this parameter ?
>
> All my test show that when asterisk run out of steam, the isdn calls too.
>
> Does this parameter function really ? How can I perform my test in order to
> ascertain it ?

This function does work well. But it works if your ISDN card/driver supports
it only.
If you have a DIVA Server card, then you can use it. The bridge is done on
the DIVA cards DSPs without CPU power.
There are three possibilities to see if it really is working:
1) when you type 'capi show channels', you should see a 'G' (for bridGed) in
   the isdnstate column.
2) Use 'set verbose 5' and 'capi debug' to see the CAPI command when the
   call is activated. There should be some FACILITY_REQs and infos like
   'Line Interconnect activated'.
3) Use 'set verbose 9' and 'capi debug' to see even all Voice Data as
   CAPI commands. If the bridge is active, there shouldn't be any DATA_B3
   commands any more.

Of course, this only works if both channels are CAPI and both controllers
supports that.
Also, if you have allow= set in your capi.conf (use of RTP with DIVA), the
Line-Interconnect may not be activated (if so, please contact me).

Armin