[asterisk-users] Asterisk Manager Interface, reliably monitor NewCall for an extension

Devraj Mukherjee devraj at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 05:55:24 CDT 2007

Hi Atis,

Is your code open source, or are you willing to share your PHP code
snippets with me? And thanks for the information on Asterisk's
stability. Do you think there is an issue in the implementation or
just network/traffic issues?

Thanks for your time.

On 9/4/07, Atis <atis at best.eu.org> wrote:
> On 9/4/07, Devraj Mukherjee <devraj at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > I am writing an open source application that brings desktops widgets
> > to OS X (http://sourceforge.net/projects/astrxtools4osx/), for which I
> > am trying to get my head around the Asterisk Manager Interface.
> >
> > I had been using the Event: NewCallerid to detect a new call which my
> > Asterisk server doesn't seem to send to the socket anymore, because of
> > which I have reverted to using Event: Newexten.
> >
> > Which is the most efficient way of monitoring if a new phone call is
> > coming my way? Also my application will only monitor a single
> > extension, should I filter the requests on the client side or can a
> > manager interface user be restricted to a single extensions events.
>
> I don't know about manager, but i've done the same using PHP script
> that executes from dialplan before dial + ActiveMQ (message queue) +
> custom app. I just didn't wanted to do filtering with manager, and so
> on.. Additionally, from my experience, creating a bunch of manager
> connections isn't quite good for asterisk stability..
>
> Regards,
> Atis
>

> --
> Atis Lezdins,
> IT Responsible of BEST Riga,
> atis at BEST.eu.org
> ICQ: 142239285
> Skype: atis.lezdins
> Cell Phone: +371 28806004 [Tele2, Latvia]
> Work phone: +1 800 7502835 [Toll free, USA]
> ?BEST? -> www.BEST.eu.org

"I never look back darling, it distracts from the now", Edna Mode (The
Incredibles)