[asterisk-users] Asterisk Manager Interface, reliably monitor NewCall for an extension

Atis atis at BEST.eu.org
Tue Sep 4 02:44:35 CDT 2007

On 9/4/07, Devraj Mukherjee <devraj at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am writing an open source application that brings desktops widgets
> to OS X (http://sourceforge.net/projects/astrxtools4osx/), for which I
> am trying to get my head around the Asterisk Manager Interface.
>
> I had been using the Event: NewCallerid to detect a new call which my
> Asterisk server doesn't seem to send to the socket anymore, because of
> which I have reverted to using Event: Newexten.
>
> Which is the most efficient way of monitoring if a new phone call is
> coming my way? Also my application will only monitor a single
> extension, should I filter the requests on the client side or can a
> manager interface user be restricted to a single extensions events.

I don't know about manager, but i've done the same using PHP script
that executes from dialplan before dial + ActiveMQ (message queue) +
custom app. I just didn't wanted to do filtering with manager, and so
on.. Additionally, from my experience, creating a bunch of manager
connections isn't quite good for asterisk stability..

Regards,
Atis

--
Atis Lezdins,