[asterisk-users] Asterisk Manager Interface, reliably monitor NewCall for an extension

Devraj Mukherjee devraj at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 01:41:24 CDT 2007

Hi Everyone,

I am writing an open source application that brings desktops widgets
to OS X (http://sourceforge.net/projects/astrxtools4osx/), for which I
am trying to get my head around the Asterisk Manager Interface.

I had been using the Event: NewCallerid to detect a new call which my
Asterisk server doesn't seem to send to the socket anymore, because of
which I have reverted to using Event: Newexten.

Which is the most efficient way of monitoring if a new phone call is
coming my way? Also my application will only monitor a single
extension, should I filter the requests on the client side or can a
manager interface user be restricted to a single extensions events.

Thanks for your time.

--
"I never look back darling, it distracts from the now", Edna Mode (The
Incredibles)