[asterisk-users] asterisk canreinvite=yes

Steve Totaro stotaro at first-notification.com
Sat Oct 27 10:36:10 CDT 2007

Alex Balashov wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Oct 2007, satish patel wrote:
>

>> My all phone in LAN not behind the NAT so guessest me what option would
>> be best for my setup
>>

>    That depends on what you think the best option for your setup is.  :)
>
>    No, seriously.  On the one hand, in a LAN environment, it's probably
> easier for your phones to pass media peer-to-peer than to bog down your
> Asterisk box with it.  On the other hand, if it's just a handful of
> phones, it really couldn't possibly make any less of a difference.
>
> --
> Alex Balashov
> Evariste Systems
> Web    : http://www.evaristesys.com/
> Tel    : +1-678-954-0670
> Direct : +1-678-954-0671

Probably best to no allow reinvites if you plan on using features in
features.conf and things such as recording, conferencing, call parking,
music on hold.

A decent server should not get too "bogged down" by passing RTP streams,
especially if they are the same codec (inf act, reinvite will not work
unless both devices share the same codec) and you have gigabit.

Thanks,
Steve