[asterisk-users] Voicemail playback on iPhone

Peder @ NetworkOblivion peder at networkoblivion.com
Wed Oct 24 11:19:29 CDT 2007

This is semi-related, but I have a Tmobile MDA and I couldn't play the
files either.  The issue was not a codec issue, it was an email encoding
issue.  If I sent the message to an email account and it was then
downloaded to my desktop via outlook and then forwarded on to my phone,
I can listen to them.  If I just send it direct to the phone, I see the
attachment and it opens in media player, but it won't play.  I don't
know if you are having codec issues or email encoding issues, but it is
a place to look.

Incidentally, if someone knows how to get around the "download email and
then forward" issue that I am having, I would like to hear it.

Peder