[asterisk-users] Crash related to "asterisk -rx" ?

Jean-Denis Girard jd.girard at sysnux.pf
Wed Oct 17 20:47:14 CDT 2007

Hi list,

Last Friday, an Asterisk server became unresponsive after ~8,5 months of
smooth operation (~320000 calls). Server did reply to pings, but no ssh,
no more console login. Also Asterisk no longer took calls, but ISDNguard
watchdog was still alive. Looking at the logs after reboot, I could not
find anything significant, except in a file created by the following
command via a cron job:

date >> /var/log/asterisk/calls.log ; asterisk -rx "show channels
concise" >> /var/log/asterisk/calls.log

Two days before the crash, the calls.log file started to be filled with
the Asterisk console messages. I suspect this is what caused the server
crash. Anybody seen this before, is this a known problem with "asterisk
-rx" commands?

Asterisk is version 1.2.15 (I can provide more details if needed).

Thanks,
--
Jean-Denis Girard

SysNux                  Systèmes Linux en Polynésie française
http://www.sysnux.pf/   Tél: +689 483 527 / GSM: +689 797 527