[asterisk-users] Crash related to "asterisk -rx" ?

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Thu Oct 18 05:11:08 CDT 2007

On Thursday 18 October 2007 04:47:14 Jean-Denis Girard wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Last Friday, an Asterisk server became unresponsive after ~8,5 months of
> smooth operation (~320000 calls). Server did reply to pings, but no ssh,
> no more console login. Also Asterisk no longer took calls, but ISDNguard
> watchdog was still alive. Looking at the logs after reboot, I could not
> find anything significant, except in a file created by the following
> command via a cron job:
>
> date >> /var/log/asterisk/calls.log ; asterisk -rx "show channels
> concise" >> /var/log/asterisk/calls.log
>
> Two days before the crash, the calls.log file started to be filled with
> the Asterisk console messages. I suspect this is what caused the server
> crash. Anybody seen this before, is this a known problem with "asterisk
> -rx" commands?

Yup, it's also a problem for me, but it haven't ever crashed server. It just
makes specific remote process unresponsive. There's a patch for 1.4, but i
guess it wouldn't be hard to backport it for 1.2

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=10847

you might also want the one mentioned in comments:

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=10888

Regards,
Atis

--