[asterisk-users] ResponseTimeOut() and t extension

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Mon Oct 15 08:26:12 CDT 2007

bilal ghayyad wrote:

> Dear Phellepe;

? It's a bit uncommon to change other people's names.

> It was 1.4 and I set priorityjumping and set
> autofallthrough and look like fine, need to test more.

Ok. So you seem to have made your decision. Although I don't
understand why there's no need to do testing as you said your
dialplan doesn't work.

> But there are two issues related to your reply:
>
> 1) Why I do not have to use priority jumping

You are free to use it, but it is deprecated, meaning future
versions of Asterisk will not support it.
Apart from that it looks ugly and makes your dialplan hard to
maintain.

> and what
> is the alterantive better solution (where I can see
> such these examples)?

[macro-stdexten] in extensions.conf for example.

> But by the way, I need a service provider, so what do
> you know about dundi and how I can send calls for
> them? Are they really a group that have routes?

DUNDi is a protocol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DUNDI
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-DUNDi

Start a new thread please and ask the list, not me.

Regards,
  Philipp Kempgen

--
amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied - http://www.amooma.de
    Let's use IT to solve problems and not to create new ones.

Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer
Handelsregister: Neuwied B 14998