[asterisk-users] Proxy Authentication on Colinux

Cartwright, Dave DaveCartwright at uk.agcocorp.com
Mon Oct 15 08:26:56 CDT 2007

Well, no replies to my previous post - probably too vague. I should have
said using SIP trunks.

Anyway, I have made progress. I can authenticate my Win32 system on my
Linux system, but not vice-versa.  I assume this is because I run as
root in Linux, but only as a Local Administrator on my company WinXP
laptop (and lucky to get that).  Can anyone with a greater knowledge of
the source code confirm that Asterisk uses calls to the underlying
security system to authenticate proxies? That is, when my Win32 system
registers with Linux it checks that the Userid/password I specify in the
register => userid:password at linux/colinux statement within sip.conf is
defined to the Linux system?  Otherwise, where is the userid/password
for remote proxies to register on me defined within Asterisk?  It seems
to work if I use a valid Linux Userid/password.

Thanks for any pointers

Dave

This email is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom
it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of AGCO.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have
received this email in error and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

Neither AGCO nor the sender accepts any responsibility for viruses and it is your
responsibility to scan and virus check the e-mail and its attachment(s) (if any).