[asterisk-users] German SIP and/or IAX providers?

Roger Schreiter roger at planinternet.de
Fri Oct 12 04:54:34 CDT 2007

Peer Oliver Schmidt schrieb:
> as I am living in Germany, let me advise you against using VoIP
> providers in Germany. Most of the time they do work, but they are not
> as reliable as a regular phone company.

Hi,

on the one hand, I should ignore this thread, because it is not
asterisk related, and risks to distribute commercial information,
on the other hand, I think, at least one different opinion should
be opposed to Peer Oliver's statement:

I would agree, that there are big differences.
Anyway, there are some VoIP providers who have specialiced
in providing very reliable VoIP service to companies.

ISDN technology is without any doubt (still) the most reliable thing
in the telephony market. However, the difference to VoIP service offered
by an appropriate company is imho almost negligible.

Especially some small or medium sized providers offer very good customer
support.

Roger.