[asterisk-users] German SIP and/or IAX providers?

Thomas Winter thowinter at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 12 09:29:15 CDT 2007

On Friday 12 October 2007 04:38, Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:
> Hi, all.  My company is setting up a branch office in Germany, and I'm
> very interested in a VoIP provider over thataway.  However, I'd need a few
> things:
>
> - Reliability.  Can't have my branch office's DID's just going down.  A

then you have to chosse for incomming calls ISDN and route from there to other
destinations if needed.
For outgoing use an sip provider, ISDN for special numbers not supported by
SIP provider.

> And that's about -it-.  I'm even willing to pay a reasonable premium, so
> long as it gets me a VoIP provider with the above restrictions.

save your money and spend it for ISDN lines as long as the calls have more
then 80% final destination in your local office.

Consider also that your DSL line can go down, thats not the responsibilty of
the SIP provider.
ISDN is in Germany extremly reliable.