[asterisk-users] anyone using SIP trunks from Time Warner Telecom?

Forrest Beck jonforrest.beck at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 18:33:27 CDT 2007

We use TWTelecom (NC), and the SIP trunks are available.  We don't
use the service however, so I can't be much help.  We decided to
continue using our PRI because I wanted to control echo
cancellation.  (6Mb EIS, 2 PRI's, and 10Mb NLAN).  I will say I am
extremely happy with their service.  We get a couple hurricanes
through the year, and their service never fails.

I was told that Asterisk was supported when we looked at the
service.  That It was just a SIP user and Asterisk should register to
it.  I would assume that they would honor the QoS value in the
header.  since they are the next hop, they may assign there own value
to the packet.  They should be able to let you know, if you cal tech
support.

I know the QoS value is honored on our NLAN link (Point to Point
between locations).

I would be interested to see how you like the service, if you end up
evaluating it.

Forrest Beck
jonforrest.beck at gmail.com
www.shift8.biz