[asterisk-users] anyone using SIP trunks from Time Warner Telecom?

Erik Anderson erikerik at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 15:51:33 CDT 2007

I am currently using a T1 PRI from TWTelecom for DID and outgoing
calls, but I recently discovered that they're offering call
termination/origination over SIP trunks in my area now.  If they could
deliver these SIP trunks to me over a guaranteed-QoS circuit, this
would be of great interest to me.   We're already using a DS3 circuit
from TW for our internet uplink, so I'd imagine it wouldn't be
difficult for them to honor the QoS flags we set on the SIP/RTP
packets.

Anyway - has anyone had any experience with Time Warner's SIP trunks?
Officially it seems that they only support CCM and Avaya PBXs, but I'd
imagine asterisk could be massaged into working just fine.  Thoughts?

I'm currently negotiating with our TW Sales Rep. to see if they could
provision a few test DIDs on a SIP trunk so I can verify
compatibility, so I *should* hopefully have answers soon for many of
these questions.

Thanks!
-erik

--