[asterisk-users] Sangoma vs Digium: (was Re: ping too)

Julian Lyndon-Smith asterisk at dotr.com
Sat Oct 6 02:09:07 CDT 2007

Julian Lyndon-Smith wrote:
>> Nothing from me is posting to the list either.
>>

> heh. Thought that this trick would work: it did for Doug.
>
> I've been trying to send the email below for 3 days now !
>
> I know this is probably going to ignite the flames again ..
>
> I have looked at the recent threads regarding these two manufacturers,
> but there didn't seem to be much *technical* differences between the 2,
> it was rather more subjective - some people say Sangoma is better, some
> say Digium. And quite a lot of "you're spreading FUD" "No, you are" etc.
>
> I wanted to know if anyone has any specific comparisons or suggestions
> on the Sangoma A104D and the Digium TE406/411 cards ?

I didn't want to start a flame war. I honestly just wanted a simple
"yes" or "no" to the question "Is a 406/411 technically comparable to
the a104D".

 From what I've read, the IRQ issues are not present any more on the
digium cards.

Is the echo cancelling hardware comparable ?

I need to install the new card in a dell 2850 or 2950 or possibly even a
HP DL360. Anyone have some comments on this ?

fwiw, my heart says I should buy Digium. My head says I should buy
Sangoma. Either my head needs to be convinced that the TE406 is
technically as good and as reliable as the 104D, or my heart needs to
fall out of love with the romantic notion of supporting Digium because
of asterisk.

Julian