[asterisk-users] Sangoma vs Digium: (was Re: ping too)

Thomas Kenyon digium at sanguinarius.co.uk
Fri Oct 5 18:29:50 CDT 2007

Steve Totaro wrote:
> Thomas Kenyon wrote:
>> Steve Murphy wrote:
>>> Oh, Julian, I'd imagine what I'm about to say will fuel some flames!
>>>
>>> Here's a fairly powerful argument for all you asterisk users, as to why
>>> you
>>> should purchase a Digium product vs. a Sangoma: Because Digium uses a
>>> chunk
>>> of the purchase money to support Asterisk. And Sangoma DOES NOT. Digium
>>> employs
>> I've not tried Sangoma, Rhino or any of the clones like Atcom or
>> Zapmicro cards. And I'm only really Hijacking this thread because I
>> haven't been able to get this question posted.
>>
>> Is there any way of finding the serial number to a TDM-400P without
>> taking the machine apart? (and preferably without resetting it).
>>
>> How can you tell a Genuine Digium Product from a fake one? (since they
>> arrive in OEM packaging).
>>

> The card usually has writing on it as to whom the manufacturer is.  I
> trust that a bit.  Run lspci and it should tell you what you have too.

I have a suspect card and I have a hopefully Genuilne card.
lspci on the genuine states:

0000:01:02.0 Communication controller: Tiger Jet Network Inc. Tiger3XX
Modem/ISDN interface

I have a probably ingenuine card that states:

01:01.0 Network controller: Tiger Jet Network Inc. Tiger3XX Modem/ISDN
interface

TBH it's hard to tell the difference.

It's just reading the HPEC guff and finding that I can probably get a
free license since the card is less than 2 years old (if memory serves
correctly) and for the 3 channels (which have honestly never hit more
than 1 in use so far) I really have the spare runtime.

Oh and FWIW, I am completely hammered, so if anyone takes offense at the
above posting, then I apologise and I am not of my right mind, well that
and I am livid that I don't have enough cash on me to buy a kebab.