[asterisk-users] Sangoma vs Digium: (was Re: ping too)

Lacy Moore aspendora at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 13:26:58 CDT 2007

I was completely against the dual licensing in the beginning.  But now, I'm
leaning more towards understanding it and the importance of it, especially
as it related to US Patent laws.  We're going to find that everything is
patented in the US.  This is going to be the demise of open source in the
US.  Only with indeminifcation clauses are we going to be able to use
software.  We'll have to use software that already has already the patent
license agreements in place.  This is where the dual licensing and ABE comes
in, in my opinion.

On 10/5/07, shadowym <shadowym at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Like fixing the poor design of the TDM400P and TE110 with the newer cards
> that advertise VoiceBus.  For a company that supposedly embraces the open
> source philosophy I don't think Digium has been very forthcoming with what
> they are doing so they should not be surprised by any apparent lack of
> understanding from the community.  It seems to me like it's been and
> continues to be a one way street.  The dual licensing scheme is indicative
> of that as well.

Lacy Moore
Somewhere I wish I wasn't