[asterisk-users] Sangoma vs Digium: (was Re: ping too)

Brian West brian.west at mac.com
Fri Oct 5 08:05:17 CDT 2007

Sangoma has contributed to Asterisk in the past and they still do.
They also have contributed to Yate, FreeSWITCH and various other
software that is capable of using their hardware.  This argument of
Digium vs Sangoma is very emotional for some.  I see it as
competition is good and drives innovation.  Digium can't take every
bit of credit for Asterisk, you have to remember the community has a
large part in making Asterisk as popular as it is.  I know their is
hostility directed at anyone that uses non-Digium hardware by some
folks and their shouldn't be.  Its an open market and an open
platform.  Rhino makes hardware that plugs into zaptel but yet I
don't see their drivers in the zaptel repo... I don't see many of the
third party hardware drivers in the zaptel repo.

/b