[asterisk-users] Suppressing certain queue announcement voice prompts

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Fri Nov 30 09:34:12 CST 2007

asterisk-users at rogg.is wrote:
>>> Short of replacing a sound file with a sound file containing only a
>>> short period of silence, is there any way to suppress certain sounds
>>> from playing during queue processing by configuring for example
>>> queues.conf or other similar files?
>> Which announcements are you trying to not play?
>
> queue-thankyou for instance, to name one. Or any other of the queue-* files
> in general. From time to time it can be convenient to change the exact
> prompts played (order and contents) due to language differences and personal
> preference of the end-users.
>
> We're doing this now by replacing them with silence but I'm just thinking
> that it would be more elegant to have Asterisk not attempt to play them in
> the first place. We've also removed the files in some instances but that's
> even worse from my point of view because then we get file-not-present
> warnings.

The sounds used are configurable in queues.conf. For instance, if you wanted to
change queue-thankyou to play something else, you could add the line

queue-thankyou = mythankyoufile

inside a queue context. Unfortunately, the order the files are played in is not
configurable. If you don't want sounds played at all, then there are certain
options which you can simply not set inside a queue in order to not have the
sounds play. If you don't set a periodic-announce-frequency, then periodic
announcements will not play. Similarly, if you do not set an announce-frequency,
then position/holdtime announcements will not be played.