[asterisk-users] Snom phones, blinking lights and call pickup

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 10:36:33 CST 2007

On 11/27/07, Stephan Seitz <nur-ab-sal at gmx.de> wrote:

[snip]

> So far, so good. What I want now is that I can see the number of the
> caller in my display and can pickup the call by pressing the blinking
> lights. I can pickup the call using the pickup extension.

Hi,

I would first ask yourself what you expect to happen if (for example)
you have a snom sidecar, and there are 42 lights all blinking at the
same time? I do not think that your feature request stands the
"usability" test :)

Even in the much simpler case of 2 calls coming in at once, how do you
associate the numbers on the screen to the correct buttons?

What if the ringing-hint is flashing for 2 or more simultaneous calls
(which is quite possible) - Which one is indicated, and how do you
choose which one to pick-up?

Perhaps snom have come up with some fantastic method of dealing with
this. Given the space available on their LCD - I personally doubt it!

Just my 2p.
Steve