[asterisk-users] Digium and Asterisk

Anthony Chapellier anthony at mbdsys.com
Mon Nov 26 03:06:42 CST 2007

Alan Lord a écrit :
> Michael J. Liberatore wrote:
>
>> Can you elaborate on OSLEC?  I cant say I have heard of it but it sounds
>> very interesting considering it worked for x100p for you which was the
>> worst out of ALL the cards I have ever tried for echo.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Mike
>>

> Hi Mike,
>
> Sure...
>
> OSLEC (Open Source Echo Canceller). Here's the hope page:
> http://www.rowetel.com/ucasterisk/oslec.html. On my blog I discussed
> installing it with zaptel 1.4.5.1. (1.4.6 is easier as you they fixed a
> bug in that needed manually patching.)
> http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2007/10/30/untangle-asterisk-pbx-and-file-server-all-in-one-part-71-oslec/
>
> I'd just try it out. If you read the thread on the Trixbox forum you'll
> see that most of the respondents had excellent results too.
>
> HTH
>
> Alan

Sorry if my question seems a bit newb....but I'm familiar with echo
canceller on the client end but not on the server end. So after having
read some articles about the subject, I'd like to know if echo
cancellation on server is useful for communication between two PCs or
only between a VoIP UA and the analogic world (PSTN) ?

Thanks,