[asterisk-users] OT - 3Com and IBM iSeries

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Sun Nov 25 05:56:19 CST 2007

Thanks for the tip but my question was more towards asking for return of
experience than asking technical capabilities.

For a long time now, there's a lot of buzz surrounding server consolidation
(
http://searchdatacenter.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid80_gci1070272,00.html)
along "blade servers replacing multiple servers" but this is the very
first time I've met a customer seriously considering those things for ToIP.

And we all know the difference between touting "consolidation" and meeting a
customer ready to close a deal with it.
That's why I thought reporting this might be interresting.

Seriously, would you bet a fully fledged Asterisk running an iSeries LPARS ?
With meetme and timing stuff ?

Apparently, some are ready to bet on it (though I still have to meet one
running customer).
Thanks for the tips, anyway.