[asterisk-users] OT - 3Com and IBM iSeries

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 13:29:28 CST 2007

Just search in google "IBM 3com" and you will find what is this about.
I got a notification about one year ago about this solution. It is
basically 3com software PBX running on the IBM System i.

3COM VCX product.
http://www.3com.com/products/en_US/detail.jsp?tab=features&pathtype=purchase&sku=WEBBNGVCXV7000

Notes about IBM using 3com VCX
http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/20486.wss
http://www.padronel.net/index.php?title=ibm_3com_team_on_ip_telephony&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1
http://www.enterprisenetworksandservers.com/monthly/art.php?2747

Also Nortel software on IBM System i is coming:

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9024419

As far as I know, both will run in Linux LPARS ( Logical Partitions )

So, you could also have Asterisk + IBM System i Solution

Or FreeSwitch + IBM System i Solution

Regards,

- Moy

On Nov 23, 2007 10:17 AM, Olivier <oza-4h07 at myamail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has onyone heard of successful deployment of 3Com ToIP over IBM iSeries
> system (formely AS/400) ?
> A prospective customer seems to looking for this but, in my whole life, I've
> never of a such setup.
>
>  Does it work ?
>
> regards

"Within C++, there is a much smaller and cleaner language struggling
to get out."