[asterisk-users] Asterisk Sound File

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Mon Nov 19 13:29:02 CST 2007

AL> For example - i'm new asterisk user, i'm downloading it,
AL> installing by instructions, and bah - there are lot of problems,
AL> caused by my version of GCC, GLIBC, and something else.. How could
AL> i possibly know, that this version is faulty?

You couldn't know. It isn't even clear that gcc or glibc is at
fault -- noone so far has compared the actual code being output.

However, it would be great if you could start with an asterisk
compiled with gcc 4.1, then install gcc 4.2 and selective delete
.o-files and compiling until the issue comes back. Once it's known
which file has problems, it will be much easier to find the faulty
code -- whether it's in gcc, glibc or asterisk.

It's a slow process, but these kinds of bugs are rather nasty to find.

/Benny