[asterisk-users] Asterisk Sound File

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Mon Nov 19 10:26:35 CST 2007

Baji Panchumarti wrote:
>  On Nov 19, 2007 10:13 AM, Atis Lezdins  wrote:
>
>> Tilghman Lesher wrote:

>>> Please downgrade to gcc 4.1.  There is a known issue with gcc 4.2.
>>>
>> Wouldn't it be good to note all those incompabilities in some document?
>> There's also known problems with GLIBC 2.5.10 - that caused me a lot of
>> troubles.
>>
>> It would be much easier to solve problems if all this would be written
>> down in document, included in release.
>
>         http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=10226
>
>  they do have a structured procedure for reporting and correcting
>  bugs. I believe the link above is a detailed bug report of this issue,
>  it also shows that asterisk develoers/contributors can be blamed
>  for issues originating outside *

Yes, now i see the issue, but there are probably some more compatibility
 issues. What i'm asking - is to list them in README, warning users
about possible problems, when using specific versions.

For example - i'm new asterisk user, i'm downloading it, installing by
instructions, and bah - there are lot of problems, caused by my version
of GCC, GLIBC, and something else.. How could i possibly know, that this
version is faulty?

Regards,
Atis