[asterisk-users] Little OT: Compilation of EICON driver, fails with capi errors

Stefan Guenther asterisk01 at in-put.de
Wed Nov 7 14:53:26 CST 2007

Hi,

 > >drivers/isdn/capi/kcapi.c:1014:47: error: macro "INIT_WORK" passed 3
 > >arguments, but takes just 2
 > >make[2]: *** [drivers/isdn/capi/kcapi.o] Error 1
 > >make[1]: *** [drivers/isdn/capi] Error 2
 > >make: *** [_module_drivers/isdn] Error 2
 > >#+ LOG INFO: pwd:/usr/lib/eicon/divas/src
 > >#! LOG ABORT EXECUTION DUE TO ERROR  : Failed to call 'make modules'
 > >#! LOG ERROR INFO: make modules

 > > Has anyone on the list experienced similar problems with an EICON
 > > card and has found a solution?
 > > I also tested the installation with kernel 2.6.22-14 which is the
 > > one that comes with Ubuntu - same problem.
 > > I already contacted EICON support but they haven't answered yet.

 > It looks like the kcapi module that's coming with the Eicon package is
 > incompatible with the new kernel version.
 > If you don't have the need for using the Eicon package, you might want
 > to try the Melware V3 driver which uses the in-kernel capi and will
 > not patch the kernel on your system.

we use some of the features the original EICON/DIALOGIC driver offers.

After a number of emails between EICON/DIALOGIC and us we were able to
identify the problem. The current release of the driver package compiles
without a problem with kernel 2.6.22-14.

Stefan

in-put GbR - Das Linux-Systemhaus
Stefan-Michael Guenther
Geschaeftsfuehrer