[asterisk-users] Everyone is busy/congested: IP Trunk

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 2 19:09:48 CDT 2007

Dear Amit;

Special thanks for your greate help and support.

Sorry for delaying in reply, I was busy during this
week.

It worked with very poor and noise voice, and
disconnect after around 5 seconds, but it worked in
the direct mode (by using trustip=yes so Asterisk does
not register on the softswitch). But maybe this voice
problem was because of the network (I will explain my
network situation).

Before I explain my network situation, I would like to
know why in registering mode (by using register =>
directive and letting asterisk registering on the
softswitch), Asterisk was registering successfully but
call was not arrive for the softswitch (does not know
if Asterisk sent it or did not send it). The question:
is there a kind of packets negotiation during the SIP
registeration that determine the facility of call
exchaning? The softswitch ables to receive calls from
any SIP endpoint, why this does not do happen with
Asterisk if Asterisk registered? But it receive and
manipulate the calls if Asterisk work via trustip
(without registeration)?!! Actually, when Asterisk was
registering on the softswitch, I was see the
registeration on the softswitch, but I did not see
even the call attempt.

Regarding to my network status (that might be the
reason of having very poor and noise voice and
disconnecting the line after around 5 second),
actually the softswitch in public IP address and it is
located in Germany, while the Asterisk in Kuwait and
it is behind NAT (a private IP address), and the
softphone also have a private IP address (in the same
LAN with the Asterisk), so the softphone was
registering on the Asterisk, when the softphone send
the call for Asterisk then Asterisk was sending it for
the the softswitch in Germany via the SIP Trunk.

Do u think that because Asterisk Nated? In that case,
do u think the VPN will resolve the problem (VPN
between Asterisk network in Kuwait, and the Softswitch
network in Germany)? Or there is a settings should be
done?

Regards
Bilal

I have the same problem.

I trying with more 4 SIP providers, the account is
registering, receive

inboud calls, but can`t make outbound calls for
"congestion".

Can be the out call id the problem?

Thanks
Gabriel