[asterisk-users] issues with downloads.digium.com

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Fri Nov 2 05:35:28 CDT 2007

On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 12:12:20PM +0200, Atis Lezdins wrote:

> I wonder - why they can't get all the info from logs. They can even
> put .htaccess to route all downloads trough PHP that will log whatever
> else it needs..

Any solution of that kind would be better than the current arrangement.

> I'm just annoyingly copying URL and deleting first part of it - it's
> simpler that to quote whole URL.. And without quoting - bash can't
> correctly interpret the ? stuff..

I worked out that if I added the filename by hand to the URL I could actually
carry out the download, despite my inability to use a browser that supports
Javascript. So, I managed to work around the problem, but it wasn't at all
convenient.

Of course, as it's GPL code, it should be possible to set up a mirror
elsewhere and keep it up to date. All I was able to find were old mirrors,
unfortunately.

Checking out the Subversion repository also solves the problem.

To be clear, if they want to make HTTP the only protocol over which to
download the releases, I don't have any objection, but linking to Javascript
pages instead of serving the directory and files directly is a real problem
for some of us.